Last weekend was one of my favorite events of the year, the Junior League of Kansas City Take 5 Party! They always have the best silent auction packages, live music, food, drinks, and fabulous Junior Leaguers dressed to kill. Last year I was 5 months pregnant at the Take 5 event so I wore my signature go-to leopard print dress that I’ve worn a million times:
This year I was feeling a little sassy so I decided to be bold and wear one of my all time favorite statement dresses. The day of the event, I texted a picture to my friend Amie and she texted me back that apparently there was an email that went out saying we were supposed to wear black and red in honor of our JLKC 100th year anniversary. I was like, “whah??” Could you IMAGINE??
I would have been like:
Anyway, luckily black and red is pretty doable so I made a last minute switch and promised to give my next-born child to Amie as a thank you for saving me from that humiliation.
My FAVORITE place to get makeup tips and inspiration is a blog called Maskcara.com. I use almost all of her product recommendations. See my favorite post from her HERE.
Here’s specifically what I used for my hair and makeup for Take 5:
1. Marilyn Teasing Comb (Salon)
2. Sassy (Real) Hair Extensions (Sally Beauty Supply)
3. Conair Curling Iron (Target)
4. Kenra Hot Spray (Beauty Brands)
5. Loreal Lumi Foundation (CVS)
6. Milani Bronzer in “Fake Tan” (CVS)
7. Dream Bouncy Blush in “Fresh Pink” (CVS)
8. ELF Baked eyeshadow in “Bark” (Target)
9. Loreal Black Eyeliner (CVS)
10. Lumi Concealer (CVS)
11. Kiss eyelash adhesive (THE BEST OUT THERE!) and eyelashes (CVS)
12. Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara in Black (CVS)
I have a weird Kermit the Frog thing going on in this picture but you can see the make up really well so I’m just gonna go with it.
It’s not easy being green.
Dress: Coldwater Creek
Necklace: My Stella and Dot Sardinia Pendant
Belt: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Lela Rose